Wednesday, July 22, 2009

lecture nine:

All of the losers are beautiful; beauty and terror intertwined, suffering and joy (not mere pleasure, mind you), coherence and chaos, self and Self.

Because the notes are so haywire, I thought they’d be worth transcribing in part for this particular journal entry:

Huxley – Doors of Perception
[my name crossed out] thatched roof sensibilities


Name; Student #
Class: Professor
Date

[center] Title: Subtitle

[insert paragraph symbol mentally here] essay



to try...essayer. en Francais? peut-etre, mais Frenglish is infinitely mieux quand on parles of Montreal.

MLA—modern? I suppose...or perhaps merely missive.

‘I’ve never loved a woman for herself alone.’
‘I’ve never thought of women as a remedy for loneliness.’
I don’t care if it’s real or not, it’s just a good memory [for some reason not in quotation marks].

‘Tomorrow you may have become pure light.’

drugs=religion?

Cohen’s approach to ‘matriarchy.’ I find it problematic, too.


Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment